*FULL* A6000 manual available. OSPDAF works through F11!

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mrbenji
Regular MemberPosts: 250Gear list
Like?
*FULL* A6000 manual available. OSPDAF works through F11!
8 months ago

"dimac" posted a link to the full A6000 manual (200 pages!), previous links posted were for the barebones quick reference style manual.

Full A6000 Manual

I'm only a 3rd of the way through the manual, but it has already officially answered a few of the questions I keep seeing pop up on the forum:

• How small an aperture you can shoot at before OSPDAF is disabled and you're forced into CDAF-only mode? If I understand correctly, previous NEX cameras disabled PDAF at apertures beyond f6.3. Per the manual, this has been greatly improved in the A6000: "When the aperture value is set to F13 or above, you cannot use the focal plane phasedetection AF. Only contrast AF is available." This is awesome... I *never* shoot over F11 with an auto lens, anyway.
  • Confirmed: A quick search for "level" turns up no references to the sort of built-in level used to keep your camera aligned with the horizon. There seems to still be confusion about whether that feature has been removed or not -- this confirms what others have reported: it is no longer present.  Bummer.
  • Confirmed: There are 3 "memory recall" slots you can use to save groups of settings used together... SUCH a huge benefit to my style of shooting. I'm so sick of diving through endless menus on my NEX-5 to set 4 or 5 different settings for this or that purpose. Plus it means I'm far less likely to forget to reset something -- ex. I just came back from a short trip where I shot a thousand frames without realizing I was still in 16:9 instead of 3:2 -- I'd changed it a week ago to help in setting up my framing for a video. Doh!
  • Confirmed: Auto ISO is available in manual mode. About frickin' time.
 mrbenji's gear list:mrbenji's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +5 more
Sony a6000 Sony Alpha NEX-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow