ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
marcoventuriniautieri
Regular MemberPosts: 135Gear list
Like?
1:1 ease-of-use across cameras
7 months ago

Hello!

I like a lot the square 1:1 format. It is one of the reasons I like my iPhone and my Bronica SQ-A (two very different cameras that are however linked together by the easiness in shooting square!).

I am considering the purchase of a new camera and, for some reasons that are long to list, I am trying to choose between the Fuji X-T1, The Olympus OM-D EM-1, the Panasonic GH4.

Knowing what kind of experience they offer to photographers seeking the square format would help me a lot.

For instance, I have handled a Canon EOS 6D that offers shooting square however only the live view mode offer a square  live image. Buying a 6D to shoot without its main viewfinder would be a little silly, I think.

So, I would like to know, if you can answer please, how the aforementioned cameras behave while shooting 1:1.

Do they offer a cropped view, with black around the image? Or do they offer grid lines?

Do they behave the same in their viewfinder as in their external LCD?

Do they save a 1:1 RAW file, when shooting square, of they save the full res RAW file?

Many thanks!

Marco

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-T1 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow