Senior MemberPosts: 2,203Gear list
Like?
Re: ND FILTER
In reply to arrr, 8 months ago

arrr wrote:

T O Shooter wrote:

HassanChop wrote:

Felts wrote:

The 50mm 1.8G is a great lightweight lens for very little money... Sharp wide open too. The only drawback is that there can occasionally be slightly swirly bokeh, but not with every shot.

Congratulations on your 610!!

-- hide signature --

I do see that the 50mm 1.8 is pretty reasonable at around $200. I assume this one would be the one you are talking about:

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-50mm-NIKKOR-Digital-Cameras/dp/B004Y1AYAC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395691019&sr=8-1&keywords=nikon+50mm+1.8

Also can someone recommend a lens hood and lens filter so it will protect froom scratching the glass.

Will the lens filter affect the picture quality?

That's the one. In filters I prefer B + W as do a lot of photographers. On the flop side, some fellows just won't use any. I bought some camera gear a year or so ago from a fellow that used to be a photojournalist. This was his personal gear, but he didn't use filters OR a lens cap and the glass was perfect. He had to go looking for the caps to give me.

-- hide signature --

Photography - It's a passion No other reason required.

The only filters I use are ND and CP. I use the lens hood to keep my fingers off the glass.

And I get that. A lot of fellows feel the same way. But a lot of your glass doesn't cost much more than I pay in Toronto for a B + W filter, so you have little exposure to loss. But glass, such as my 80-400AF-S G is $3000, 70-200II $2500, 24-70 $2000 in rough numbers, and I'm not risking the front element for what little degradation might occur with a  high quality B + W filter. If I'm shooting something where I want to be certain of optimum quality I may pull a filter off - then again I may not.

-- hide signature --

Photography - It's a passion No other reason required.

T O Shooter's gear list:T O Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow