How comparable is the dpreview rating system? 80%=80%?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
deednets
Senior MemberPosts: 2,145Gear list
Like?
How comparable is the dpreview rating system? 80%=80%?
7 months ago

On top of the "latest review" coloumn on the right of the page, the top camera is the SONY RX10 with a 1" sensor and a range of 100-12800 ASA. WOW that is a full stop higher in native range than the Fujis.

So I had a look at the review and went to the comparison page as well - as one does ...

Both cameras got 80% so on paper the cameras are Gold Members. Austin Powers comes to mind, right?

So I had a quick look at the comparometre and thought that when you compare cameras is it - amongs other things - about image quality, right?

Not sure whether this requires any further comments, but decide for yourselves, if you want a 80 % Gold Award camera, the SONY might very well fit the bill:

Already noisy at ISO200?

Sadly the Fuji RAW stops here, so the SONY going up to 12800 clearly better.

Am I missing the point here when comparing cameras? The video is better on the SONY and compensates for the shortcomings in high ISO (think 200 and up??).

Both cameras bang-on 80% ...

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Phase One Capture One Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +2 more
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow