Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jeff the scubaman
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
I`m looking for a great travel camera
5 months ago

I currently have a Canon EOS  40 D with several outstanding lenses.  Because of very difficult shoulder issues and pain,  an fixing to take an upcoming vacation in the next two-three months,  I`m interested in the following type of lighter weight travel camera:

A large sensor, a fast camera,  one that shoots well in low light,    a good optical zoom that has image stabilization (at least 200 MM effective or possibly up to 300 mm effective;  I prefer an optical viewfinder but will look at all options;  I prefer shooting in RAW.  I realize I may have to give up some optical zoom to have the other attributes I want.  I`ll most likely be using built in flash.  I do like using manual controls and adjusting ISOs.   I also like some scene modes like I`ve seen on my son`s Leica D Lux 4.

I have had suggestions from a Sony RX 10 to  Nikon G-15;  Canon SX-50; Canon S-95-120; Canon G 15-16, and a Canon G1X.

I`m interested in any model of camera including a Leica and would rather keep my costs around $1000 or less. I will pay more if I can find the right camera for me.  I was just fixing to upgrade to an EOS 70 D but am backing off due to shoulder issues and the upcoming vacation where I`ll likely be taking thousands of photos.

This is my first post in DP Review.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow