Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
yardcoyote
Senior MemberPosts: 1,918Gear list
Like?
X-T1 with legacy lenses?
4 months ago

A comment on a post on another forum suggests that the X-T1 shines as a body to use with manual legacy lenses.  Is anybody here using it in that role? My old glass is all Pentax-- I have access to 11 different  K and M lenses in 10 focal lengths, a library that I am dying to use.  But getting them to work on a modern DSLR body designed for AF lenses with no aperture rings and with no focusing aids in the VF, can be problematic, as you know.

Will the X-T1 allow me to use my aperture rings normally?  Can I use shutter priority automation with a manual lens?   Does the split image screen/ focusing aid work well?  Would the converter affect the image quality or metering?

Sorry if these are are dumb questions, but I have been considering dedicating a body to my old lenses for a while, and the idea of using something other than a Pentax for the purpose had never occurred to me.  The size and shape of the X-T1 might make for a very attractive companion to my old glass.

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow