Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Anthony Alongi
Regular MemberPosts: 217Gear list
Like?
X-E1 or X-E2 - $500 difference worth it for travel photography
6 months ago

So here is the deal - I have just unwound myself from a year-long forey into the world of the Nikon 1 system.  I am currently cameraless.  Most of my photography is travel related, particularly European travel.  The Nikon 1 system was great for the past year, as I did spend quite a bit of time doing some western U.S. travel photography (particularly National Parks) were the 2.7x crop factor came in handy for wildlife stuff.  But now it will be back to my usual travel of mostly cities.

At this point, I have pretty much narrowed it down to the Fuji X-E1 or X-E2 (X-T1 is not in the cards $ wise at this point), although I am also intrigued by the m4/3 E-M10.  My question is....for those that have or have used both the X-E1 and the X-E2, is the X-E2 worth the $500 more in price that new kits are going for in the US?  Wi-Fi would be nice, but isn't a must have.  Ditto on the faster focusing (most buildings don't move very fast).  Having a tough time on this one.  My (eventual) Fujifilm kit would likely be the 18-55, paired with the 14mm and an M-Rokkor 90mm lens that I have - at least until Fuji gives us a native 90mm prime.  I could also see the 23 or 27 in the bag at some point.

Kind of torn on the price differential at this point so would like some input from the experts.  Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Tony A.

Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow