Photos of Children in Challenges

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
billythek
Senior MemberPosts: 3,895Gear list
Like?
Math & views
In reply to EquusStorm, 8 months ago

Before someone chews me up  about my last comment . . . I do not mean to imply that ALL people vote on what appeals to them, or that they aren't considering composition, etc.  But when there are over a thousand votes on a given challenge and I see that my photo was viewed 10 times, you wonder if people skip over the thumbnails that don't appeal to them.  Please . . no hateful remarks about my humble opinion.

I've seen it stated that the view counter for a picture in your gallery is not changed by views during the voting period. I think it is because the image that people see when voting is a copy of the image in your gallery. If you delete an image from your gallery, it will still be visible to voters in a challenge.

Also, if there are 1000 votes in a challenge, that is spread across all entries. It could be that 10 voters voted for each of 100 entries. You should add up the number of votes your particular entry got, rather than look at the total for the entire challenge.

But you do bring up a valid point. Pictures that look better as thumbnails tend to do better in challenges. That's usually because they are better pictures.
--
- Bill

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow