Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
HedgeShot
Junior MemberPosts: 26Gear list
Like?
Canon Vent
5 months ago

Just a little displeased and have to vent.

I've been a loyal Canon user for many years and after many weeks, decided to upgrade to a newer digital camera. A few friends were pushing me to jump ship and go to the "N" company instead but I wanted to stay in the Canon family due to already having a few of their lenses.

Anyway, after watching for weeks, I pulled the trigger and ordered a new camera last Thursday getting the 10% discount directly from Canon. The camera is targeted at arriving today.

Yesterday, Canon bumped the discount on the camera from 10% to 20% which would have given me some extra change in order to perhaps put into a new lens as well.

I got on the phone with Canon and despite pleas, begs, encouragements, etc. there answer is sorry, we cannot credit you with the extra 10% sine the camera had already shipped. Their only solution was to receive the one shipped to me, return it to them for a full refund minus the shipping cost and then reorder.

Just very strange business practice given the other purchases that I have made for cameras and other electronics over the past few years. I even had one large purchase last year that the company called me up two days after I had ordered (while the product was in transit) and asked if it would be okay with me if they credited my account with an added discount that just occurred.

But not Canon. I even asked if they would credit me the difference in the discount rate for a future purchase on their online store. The answer was no. Sorry.

At this point, I have started the RMA process and will evaluate again whether to continue supporting them with Canon purchases.

Sad.

HedgeShot's gear list:HedgeShot's gear list
Canon EOS 1000D Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow