Show Your Snaps...March 17, 2014

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Digirame
Forum ProPosts: 29,795
Like?
Re: Show Your Snaps...March 17, 2014
In reply to Dave Throgmartin, 9 months ago

Yes, I have thought about buying or making something like that.  Maybe I'll do it this summer.  I think we might have to wait "forever" for the Tamron 150-600mm lens.  But by being patient and using something like a wildlife blind in the meantime with our "short" telephoto lenses would be ideal.

I've hid in some bushes next to the ponds and kept very still, sitting down and waiting for the wildlife.  That's a natural sort-of-like wildlife blind.  One time a flock of geese walked right by me through an opening in these bushes, next to where I was sitting.  There must have been a dozen or so of them.  We all were scared for a brief moment, but since the geese understood that I was not a threat to them, they didn't seem frightened of me anymore when they walked towards the water.  That was quite an experience.  Oh, yes...I did get a good picture of them also...that was when I was using my Olympus gear. 

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow