ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jkim7
Regular MemberPosts: 109
Like?
Best option for safari with A6000?
7 months ago

Hey guys!

I'm most likely going to be buying the A6000 when it comes out for my general and travel photography. Yea, I know, a DSLR would probably be the *best* option for a safari but I'm not going to get a DSLR and huge expensive safari lens just for this safari. I just want something that will do relatively ok for a super beginner photographer going on a safari. Please remember, the purpose of the safari is not pro wildlife photography; it's just that I'm going to be in Kenya and want to make the best of the situation with an A6000.

Will the 55-210 be the best and cheap way to go? I know I won't be getting the best shots of small birds but will it work fine for the big five animals from a safari car in Maasai Mara Kenya? If you have any other suggestions please feel free to let me know.

http://www.reddit.com/r/travel/comments/20qmpb/the_wonders_of_the_serengeti_the_best_photos_from/

-In the above link, the guy said he took a 18-200mm lens with a D3000 and his photos, to me, look absolutely amazing. Is 200mm on his D3000 lens the same length zoom as the 210 on the Sony lens? So does that mean the A6000 and 55-210 will be able to take photos like that, because that's really the all the zoom and quality I'd need.

I don't really want to spend over $500 for the lens.

Nikon D3000 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NO!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow