Like?
Re: Raw Files?
In reply to billslatteryjr, 4 months ago

billslatteryjr wrote:

David314 wrote:

billslatteryjr wrote:

michaeladawson wrote:

billslatteryjr wrote:

D800 RAW images converted to JPG do not come out as 36mp. They vary depending on subject. The RAW images out of the camera of these shots ran around 43.4 -43.8 mp. And they're only that close to each other in size because the subject is so similar.

I'm sorry Bill but that makes no sense. I believe you are confusing mega bytes with mega pixels. Converting a 36 MP RAW file to JPEG does not lower the number of megapixels (MP).

-- hide signature --

Mike Dawson

You're right Mike I was quoting MBs. Sorry for the confusion.

I know it is bit of trouble on your part, but would it be possible to see the raw files?

if you go to yousendit or drop box or even Nikon image space you can upload and share a link by emailing it to yourself and pasting here.

if not that is ok,

thanks for sharing the images

Give this a try. I've uploaded 6 RAW files (2 from each camera) to this dropbox file.

https://www.dropbox.com/home/V1%20D4%20D800%20BB%20RAW%20files

No, that link doesn't work.  Notice how it takes you to dropbox.com/home.  That is the home directory of my own dropbox account.  Go to the folder where the files are and click on the "Share link" icon.  In the pop-up click on "Get link".  Then you can paste that in here.

-- hide signature --

Mike Dawson

michaeladawson's gear list:michaeladawson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Nikon D200 Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow