Lumix GM 1 with kitlens 12-32- what an amazing little camera!

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mjdundee
Contributing MemberPosts: 790Gear list
Like?
Lumix GM 1 with kitlens 12-32- what an amazing little camera!
6 months ago

There isn't much to ad to the DPR review of this little gem with the 12 - 32 mm kit lens other than this seems to be a pretty much underestimated piece of modern photography.

The body is in fact smaller than a Powershot S95 - only the lens adds another 2.3 cm.

I am absolutley surprised by the fantastic image quality. It is truely pocketable and the touch screen is really a helpful tool for a camera like this - without viewfinder and control LCD.

The lens might be a compromise but in combination with the JPG engine the GM 1 is able to deliver pin sharp and very detailed results at IS 125 - 3200 and even ISO 6400 is very much usable. The colours are smooth and natural and even the little customizable flash can be operated and bounced manually.

Once I got used to the - for my needs - overloaded menues and have installed customs functions, the GM 1 will be my daily camera - with no compromises regarding image quality and a no worries shooting in fully automatic mode or if time and two hands are available in fully manual mode including focusing.

Attached you can find some 'real world' samplesnaps ISO 125 - 3200.

I am now looking for a belt - hardcase to fit properly just the kit and a second battery - any suggestions?

Lumix GM 1 w 12-32 at ISO 200

Lumix GM 1 w 12-32 at ISO 125

Lumix GM 1 w 12-32 at ISO 640

Lumix GM 1 w 12-32 at ISO 500

Lumix GM 1 w 12-32 at ISO 2000

Lumix GM 1 w 12-32 at ISO 3200

mjdundee's gear list:mjdundee's gear list
Olympus Stylus 720 SW Canon PowerShot S95 Canon PowerShot SX240 HS Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow