Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Lucien
Contributing MemberPosts: 847
Like?
Re: 4 pages detailed review at monox.jp
In reply to jimr, 6 months ago

jimr wrote:

kinglau711 wrote:

I have the G1X Mark II and I confirm that 24mm at F2 is soft/blurry.

24mm is good at F4.

That would negate much of the advantage of a high speed lens at that focal length..

Not completely. At very high ISO and low-light conditions you lose lot of that detail and resolution at entire image. So if you'd shoot at ISO 3200 f2.0 instead of ISO 6400 f2.8 it should still be better. Especially if you have no choice and you want to capture fast movement without blurring.

Again not unique to G1X Mark II. Any 24mm zoom lens I've seen exhibit this. The bigger question is if it's more than other comparable camera's in this class. Couldn't answer that until we see full test (e.g. Imaging resource as nice test at different apertures and focal lengths).

The previous G1 Mark lens should be better in theory given less ambitious zoom range but then you don't have same flexible zoom range. So it's trade-off. If you never shoot at 24mm or full 120mm you're not getting much from the new lens but both increased upper ranges can be really useful at times.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow