Is this the camera, lens, both, or.... (70D & 85mm)

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TraceyS
Senior MemberPosts: 2,708Gear list
Like?
Is this the camera, lens, both, or.... (70D & 85mm)
9 months ago

So, I finally got the pics on the computer - had to do some upgrades. Guess stepping up to the current age won't kill me?? (i was still on Lion on my Mac). I was using my 1 day old 70D coupled with the 85mm lens I bought 2 months ago.
I had noticed the "purple fringing" on these pics on my iPad - it is kinda so severe that it is hard to miss. It is obviously worse onscreen. 
BUT, when I was using the loupe on the picture of my daughter, I saw this green fringing area... I have experience with green (I used to shoot a Sony 707, i have purple experience!).
Obviously, most gym i'll be in don't have windows like this - and thankfully the one by the bars they had paper over. I just figure I will need to work around/with it.
What I saw while browsing....

The normal sized view I had in Aperture while flipping thru the pics.

With snap of EXIF.

Green fringing around eye and hair.

And finally.... one that is my favorite of the day - the speed of the camera made this possible, there is no way this would have happened with the 20D. While not a great shot, it is one of those "mommy favorites" i'm entitled to like

I was too close to get many good floor shots of her, but I love this one!!

-- hide signature --

Tracey

TraceyS's gear list:TraceyS's gear list
Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow