Help on lenses for travel with the OMD-EM10.

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
Russ Houston
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,370Gear list
Like?
Re: Help on lenses for travel with the OMD-EM10.
In reply to photokarl, 9 months ago

It depends on the purpose of the trip.  If it's to spend a vacation with your family, then look for simplicity.  I use a superzoom (the 14-150) for all my walking around, and I'll stick a small prime in my pocket for indoor shooting.  That way, you're covered for 95% of the shooting you're likely to do and your family isn't waiting around on your hobby while you swap out the right lens.

If, however, photography is one of the stated goals of the trip, then have at it!  I'd say something light like the Oly 40-150 in case you need a telephoto, then go with prime around the 12mm to 45mm range.  Or take the Oly 12-40 and the 40-150 (the cheap/light one).

Whatever you wind up taking, don't worry about what you can't shoot, rather have fun with the shots that you can take.  There are unlimited photo opportunities out there whatever lenses you take.  Have fun!

-- hide signature --
 Russ Houston's gear list:Russ Houston's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow