75 f/1.8 or 35-100 f/2.8 torn between the two

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Steve_
Senior MemberPosts: 2,047Gear list
Like?
Only one for use on a Panasnonic body?
In reply to Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson, 7 months ago

I've got both lenses. I've had the 75 for a while, and although I love its optical qualities it is a very specialized lens. It's hard to imagine as many people as claim the 75 is the way to go really have a shooting style and predominantly shoot stuff best served by the 75.

You have to get back a ways to get anything in the frame, but you can't be back too far or you're cropping too much. As a studio lens it's a great tool. And if you shoot head shots from a bit of distance or head-and-shoulders from more of a distance all day, for sure it's your choice. But overall, the 35-100 is soo much more versatile and a really nice lens to boot.

Without a specific need it fulfills, buying the 75 over the 35-100 is a bit like buying a Ducati to commute through heavy traffic with daily. If the 75 was really the one for you you'd know it already.

Plus, the 35-100 has great stabilization. Much better than the GX7's built-in.

Steve_'s gear list:Steve_'s gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow