The most annoying new fad in photography

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Mark B.
Forum ProPosts: 14,871Gear list
Like?
Re: The most annoying new fad in photography
In reply to John Summers, 6 months ago

John Summers wrote:

My peeves are the overly long exposures of "rushing water." Never in my life have I seen such intended blur that expressed realism or art in any way.

Blurry water isn't supposed to represent realism  Whether or not it's considered good art is, of course, going to vary from one person to the next.  Your opinion that it is not is just as valid as someone who thinks it is.

The other annoyance are the cutie pie terms as Panny, Tammy, and that god awful word bokeh.

The word "bokeh" is based on the Japanese word meaning 'blur' or 'haze', so it is a valid word.  I agree with the cutesy spellings of manufacturer words.  The one that I find most childish is "Canikon".

"I picked one up" referring to a purchase. The phrase sounds more like shoplifting than purchasing. But hey that's ok. Sometimes I'm such a grouch I offend myself.

Yeah, I've never had a problem with "I picked one up"; now it just sounds like you're nitpicking

Mark

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WhyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow