Senior MemberPosts: 1,461
Like?
When the glitter settles...
In reply to dad_of_four, 7 months ago

dad_of_four wrote:

RhysM wrote:

dad_of_four wrote:

RhysM wrote:

Okay, so if a couple decided to get married in a nude/naked reception with all the guests also naked, would a photographer be discriminatory if they felt uncomfortable and refused the work?

No, because nude/naked are not a protected class. Look, you can legally discriminate against a non protected class. You could hate the color Green, and tell anyone wearing green that you will not photograph their wedding. Now if they can prove that you always discriminate against the Irish, and you hatred of green is just a cover-story for hating Irish, your guilty of discrimination against a protected class.

But aren't photographers, as human beings, afforded protection from being forced to do things that make them uncomfortable or conflict with their beliefs? Or are you saying the rights of the gay couple are more important than the beliefs/rights of a photographer?

That is exactly what I am saying. They're called Civil Rights for a reason. And YES, the rights of a Black person, or the rights of a Gay couple trump your rights as a photographer utilizing public accommodations.

This is 2014, it's been 50 years since the Civil Rights movement, Fred Phelps just died. It's time to get on the right side of history.

I think I will be on the right side of history. Homosexuals will have their civil rights and equality among  all citizens. Gays will go back to being a tired joke.  The contrived affectations will be seen as obnoxious, not endearing,  and will not be protected by anyone. Just as black jocks can't get away with  carrying Colt 45s just because they're black, obnoxious effeminate   gay men won't be suffered just because they're homosexual.

I believe that being black or Irish or homosexual is in fact genetic but being an a'hole is chosen and deserves nothing. The only reason gay activists  get away with their crap is most Americans forget that 90% of homosexuals are no more recognizable  walking down the street or in a cafe than an Adventist. You really have to make an effort to play the gay card 24/7 and if you receive hostility as a result , well, who brought it up?  Civil rights are there to protect you from being discriminated against  for what you are, not who you've chosen to be. The courts will eventually validate that.

It continues to be my opinion that the baker the photographer and most certainly the florist who find  themselves on the wrong side of gay marriage are whipping boys and   used specifically for an extra 15 minutes of media coverage towards  the great gay cause. I doubt if 5% of folks who make a living from weddings give a rat's hiney who the betrothed is- I mean they deal with fat ugly stupid people  so you know their standards can't be too high as long as the check clears.

-- hide signature --

denniswilliams

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow