ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Christos Tolis
New MemberPosts: 9Gear list
Like?
Potential problem with 14-24
9 months ago

Hello everyone,

My dear beloved 14-24mm f:2.8 got crashed on the floor on first day of operations. I went to Nikon with it and they basically wouldn't touch it and suggested a replacement (for a hefty price). Since I had not broken any glass, but had broken part or the built-in hood and had caused what seemed some damage on the zoom mechanism, I went to a local camera repair shop which has a great reputation among pros here and asked them to do what they could. Now the zoom feels almost perfect and I am still waiting for the replacement hood. However, I went out and did some night shooting and it seems to me that there is an abnormal amount of ghosting around the lights, although I have no real reference against which to judge the lens performance since I have no other lens that wide. From the image I am including, what is your opinion?

Thanks

Christos Tolis's gear list:Christos Tolis's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow