Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Larry251
Contributing MemberPosts: 567Gear list
Like?
Would a DSLR have focused better?
4 months ago

This is an uncropped OOC JPG export from RAW image taken with the 16-50pz. It is not a good picture, but I left it as it is for the purpose of discussion. It captured a moment and that was the lens that I had on at the time, so it is what it is. I believe I was using sport scene mode.

I should have had a longer lens and I lost detail because the ISO was at 3200 (although it would have been hard to capture at all with too slow of a shutter speed).

My question is about focus. This is not the sort of picture where I could have manually focused or pre-focused because there is no way to predict where the action might occur. If I had been using a DSLR would I likely have gotten a sharper image due to a better auto focus system? What, if anything could I have done to ensure a sharp(er) photo?

Larry251's gear list:Larry251's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow