What is YOUR perfect lens collection, and why?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Conor OBrien
Forum MemberPosts: 52Gear list
Like?
What is YOUR perfect lens collection, and why?
6 months ago

I have only started taking photography seriously over the past few months, which led to me moving from the typical point & shoot camera to a more professional camera. I opted for the M43 system with its array of wonderful lenses.

I own the Panasonic Lumix G5 camera which came with the old 14-42mm (version I) kit lens which I wasn't overly impressed with. I recently purchased the fantastic 20mm f1.7 (version I) lens as the start of my lens collection. I plan on selling the old kit lens to provide funding for my next lens which is the Olympus 45mm f1.8 prime.

My style of shooting: I am very interested in street photography, low-light, landscapes, architecture and anything else that I find interesting in an artistic point of view.

For my style of shooting my kit will be:

Camera: Panasonic G5

Lenses: Olympus 45mm 1.8 (my long focal length lens), Panasonic 20mm f1.7, Panasonic (my normal focal length lens), Panasonic 12-35 f2.8 or Panasonic 12-32 f3.5-5.6 (my general walkabout lens), and finally Panasonic 7-14mm f4 or Olympus 12mm f2 (my wide angle lens).

So, what is your style of shooting and what is your perfect lens collection that works best for your needs? Either your current lens collection or what your lens collection will end up to be.

I am very interested to see the variety of lens, but also what lens seem to be common favourites.

Thanks

-- hide signature --
 Conor OBrien's gear list:Conor OBrien's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow