Lumix GH4 looks like the perfect camera!

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Macintosh Sauce
Regular MemberPosts: 332Gear list
Like?
Lumix GH4 looks like the perfect camera!
7 months ago

I've been seriously thinking about what I want when I buy my first digital ILC by the end of May.

Just read the following early review...

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/panasonic-gh4/panasonic-gh4A.HTM

I am liking what I see in the new Lumix GH4. For my personal needs/wants, I would like a camera that is capable of excellent photos and HD video. Plus, lens size is a concern of mine. Weather-sealing is important too due to the dry area where I live. I like the fact that it has an articulated OLED screen on the back of the camera - very useful!

Last year I purchased a two-lens Lumix G5 package for my niece to get started in photography. I loved how the G5 and the Micro 4/3 lenses felt in my hands.

For weather-sealing, I know I'd have to get the 12-35 mm and 35-100 mm Lumix lenses. For fast primes I have been looking at the newly announced Samyang lenses for Micro 4/3. Yes, I know I'd have to focus manually - not a problem at all. I'd like to pick up the Lumix 25mm prime too.

When my wife and I are traveling, I'd like to be able to record HD video as well as take excellent photos. I really don't feel like lugging around an extra camcorder just to record some HD video.

The Lumix GH4 looks like it would be the perfect camera for me.

Note: I've been looking at the following on my short list... The Lumix GH4 just seems to be more appealing to me when I consider lens sizes, weather-sealing, lens reach, etc. The 2.0 crop factor can be very useful in many situations.

1. Lumix GH4
2. Fujifilm X-T1
3. Samsung NX30

Fujifilm X-T1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow