Help on lenses for travel with the OMD-EM10.

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
SunsetBk
Forum MemberPosts: 60
Like?
Re: Help on lenses for travel with the OMD-EM10.
In reply to photokarl, 5 months ago

Tphotokarl wrote:

I will be traveling to Europe (Budapest, Vienna, Prague) this summer with the OMD-EM10. Although the Oly 12-40 2.8 would seem to be right, I am concerned about the weight and size. I would prefer to travel a bit more light, if possible. I have looked a few other posts on the matter but am still confused.

I need some advice on a lens kit for the trip.

My perfect kit would be: pansonic 12-32 for day/ general shooting, olympus 40-150 for telephoto, for wider portraits/ general purpose/ low light panasonic 25mm, and if for evening/ going out panasonic 14mm 2.5.  I like the 2.8 zooms but they are not essential in good light, they make the camera not pocketable and if ultimate quality is a concern they aren't better than the panasonic 25mm.  Yes when travelling sometimes you need a zoom, but usually that's in good light, and them the 12-32 90 gram pancake will be indistinguishable from the huge 390 gram  olympus 12-40.  It's also a lot more discreet.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow