Help on lenses for travel with the OMD-EM10.

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
sparklite
Senior MemberPosts: 1,022Gear list
Like?
Thoughts
In reply to photokarl, 6 months ago

All in if you want to take a single lens the 12-40 really is spectacular. I travelled on a hiking trip through Utah last May and didn't have a good zoom but took some lovely primes. For that trip I carried the panasonic 25 f1.4 (the new oly f1.8 is lighter and has good review); 17mm f2.8; 12 f2; and 75mm f1.8. All in my kit with camera was lighter than my colleague with his cannon 7D and two lenses. If you are not a bokeh junkie then the 12-40 + one lens with longer reach would be a great combination and would likely weigh less than taking a large collection of lenses.

Best word of advice I can give you: take the best lens you can afford and don't be disappointed with the results after traveling so far. If I were doing the Utah trip today i'd probably take my 12-40 + 75mm  (longest reach I have in my m43 kit).

-- hide signature --
 sparklite's gear list:sparklite's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm 1:4.0 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow