ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
manatmoon
New MemberPosts: 16Gear list
Like?
Sony RX-10 or Alpha 6000 with SEL 18200 OSS LE
9 months ago

Hi

Recently preview granted the RX-10 a Gold Award, and I think it is a cool gadget. On the other side the Sony Alpha 6000 will also be a cool cam, and I am sure it will also get a Gold Award.

I am close to buy one of these, but I am not sure which to take.

I started years, years ago with Practica SLR, then Minolta SLR and my last was a Canon 7D, which I sold 2 Yrs. ago, because lack of time. So I actually own only a Panasonic DMC-TZ7. And now I miss a good cam, but I want to change to a Mirrorless System Camera or maybe also the new Bridge Sony RX-10, because it has everything I need for almost every situation and besides the best video performance you could get for that price.

On the other hand the Sony Alpha 6000 is smaller, and with the SEL 18200 it should be comparable with the RX-10, but with a better sensor and better AF - and if needed you can also use the small Kit-lense as always carry with you cam.

But the RX-10 is more solid, with magnesium body, I think better video performance and the bright lens sounds very impressive.

What do you think?

PS: I will also post that in Cybershot forum, to get a better overview.

Best,

man_at_moon

manatmoon's gear list:manatmoon's gear list
Sony a6000
Canon EOS 7D Sony a6000 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow