D600 Shutter Replacement <> Does anyone know why the shutter count is not reset?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Fogsville
Contributing MemberPosts: 567
Like?
Re: D600 Shutter Replacement <> Does anyone know why the shutter count is not reset?
In reply to Prime85, 9 months ago

I've had my D3s shutter replaced and Nikon did not reset the shutter count. Colleagues of mine who have had shutters replaced more than once (on the same cameras) have never had their shutters reset either (through NPS.) The shutter is only one mechanism that gets wear and the total shutter count is also an indication of overall use. But if you're concerned about this when selling the camera, just show the buyer the work order which will be dated as to when the shutter was replaced.

Otherwise, it can be kind of misleading as to overall camera usage to reset shutter counts. It's somewhat like resetting the odometer on a car. Normally you'd tell the buyer the miles on the chassis and also the miles on the new engine.

Anyway, this question was asked several years ago http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/2681063  (read to the very end for the most current responses.)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow