If you love to shoot action but ain't got no FT lenses...

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DonParrot
Senior MemberPosts: 1,674Gear list
Like?
If you love to shoot action but ain't got no FT lenses...
4 months ago

...I'd still recommend to try and purchase an E-M5 with firmware 1.2. AND DON'T TOUCH THE FIRMWARE!!!

That's exactly what I did this week as I thought it would be a good idea to have a second camera as backup for my E-M1 for my weekends at the dog racetrack. E-M1 with the ZD 50-200 SWD and the E-M5 with the 75-300.
And wow - all my frustration I had with my first E-M5 after having upgraded it to the later firmware versions were just blown away...

This camera C-AFs like a charm. And other than any other Oly µFT camera - including the E-M1 - it even delivers a more than solid tracking performance, with the AF field more often than not remaining on your chosen subject instead of jumping to whatever it believes to be more contrasty.

I'm just delighted to have made this step. Now I know again why I was so thrilled by the E-M5 in the first place.

Say no more... Let the pictures talk. (a series shot with tracking)

-- hide signature --

I wish I was an OLYgarch

DonParrot's gear list:DonParrot's gear list
Olympus E-30 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +7 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow