Help on lenses for travel with the OMD-EM10.

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
Bob657
Regular MemberPosts: 400Gear list
Like?
Re: Help on lenses for travel with the OMD-EM10.
In reply to photokarl, 5 months ago

The problem is there are too many choices!  The Oly 12-40 is a wonderful lens (I have one) but it is on the larger size compared to other m4/3 lenses of its' range.  If you want similar quality but a bit smaller (and less range), the Panasonic 12-35 might be an option.  I would think you may want the wider fl of 12mm, if not there are many less expensive lenses like the Panasonic 14-45, Oly 14-42 of various types, or even the Panasonic 12-32 (very small and light but perhaps not as sharp as the 14-45 although some really like it).

I suspect others will suggest primes, there are many good choices there as well.

If you want a light, good quality (but slow) and inexpensive longer fl, the Oly 40-140 is really a good option, a step up with a faster lens would be the excellent 35-100 2.8 Pannasonic.

Hopefully others will give their opinions and help narrow it down for you.

Bob G

Bob657's gear list:Bob657's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow