I do not understand the HATRED for mirrorless cameras on this forum.

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
GeraldW
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,170Gear list
Like?
Re: I do not understand the HATRED for mirrorless cameras on this forum.
In reply to Dr Hal, 9 months ago

In most cases, I think it's not hatred, so much as indifference.  Which seems to drive the mirrorless fans over the edge.  From what I've read here on the forum it's the mirrorless fans who keep predicting that mirrorless will drive out DSLR's, rather than the other way around.

It's hard for me to understand why fans of one type would think everyone should convert to their way of thinking.  Particularly, without understanding why I use what I do.

I see you started way back in 1957.  The Retina was a nice camera.  I got my first 35 mm in 1955; but I was 17 and bought my own using high school graduation money.  It was an Argus C4.  Things have sure changed a lot since then, haven't they?

You have quite a nice collection of m4/3 cameras and lenses.  I still have one DSLR and several lenses; but more and more, I'm leaning toward the better fixed lens cameras to further reduce weight and bulk and lens changing fumble.  So the DSLR's days are probably numbered.

In that vein, I'm quite surprised that Olympus and Panasonic have not offered a fixed lens camera with a 4/3 sensor.  Canon has approached it with their G1X models; but they are still bigger sensors than the 4/3.

-- hide signature --

Jerry

GeraldW's gear list:GeraldW's gear list
Canon PowerShot A710 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon PowerShot G15
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow