Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SSISteve
Regular MemberPosts: 460
Like?
Contemplating D800 or Sony A7r??
4 months ago

I have a D7100 which I mainly use for shooting birds and moving targets. I had thought of adding a D800 for the increased resolution but with the Sony A7R sale going the wheels started turning. I like the idea of having a smaller setup (lighter is good as we get older) for traveling while not sacrificing IQ. It seems like the Sony has some quirks and the lens selection right now is pitiful but for mostly shooting landscapes and the best IQ does this make sense? Now that the Sony has been out for awhile any of you who can share your comments would be appreciated.

-- hide signature --

'If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them something more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it.'

Nikon D7100 Nikon D800 Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow