Started 6 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Twinion
Junior MemberPosts: 37Gear list
Like?
Snowboarding with a D7100
6 months ago

I decided to take my D7100 skiing (well, snowboarding) at Mammoth Mountain with me last weekend. I only used my 40mm prime (which I thought was sealed but isn't), and I used a capture clip to keep the camera on the strap to my camelback. I had gone up with a larger group (9), but two of my good friends and I discovered the best snow on the mountain was exclusively on the double blacks, so I ended up with a very limited set of subjects. It was a very overcast day, so pictures with blue skys were hard to come by. I tried my best to process these, but it's often difficult to get much definition out of the snow. I also had trouble conveying how steep the runs were.

I was primarily on the trip to have fun, so we didn't do many setup shots. The most we did was having me go first and quickly turn around, and we were always on the same runs, which were mostly fairly narrow. Still, it was a lot of fun, and certainly added a new dimension to two hobbies. Even though the gear was completely fine, I'd make sure to take a sealed lens next time. I'd also try to setup a larger variety of angles, with more shots from the side in particular. Anyways, here is what I was able to come up with:

The full size shots and the rest of the set can be seen on Flickr.

Twinion's gear list:Twinion's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron AF 28-200mm F/3.8-5.6 XR Di Aspherical (IF) Macro +2 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow