Mirrorless Camera + Lens Recommendation for Overseas Travel (6D Owner)

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cherishzm
Forum MemberPosts: 61Gear list
Like?
Mirrorless Camera + Lens Recommendation for Overseas Travel (6D Owner)
9 months ago

Hello All,

I'm planning an overseas trip in May and would like to get some recommendation for smaller camera (mirrorless, micro fourthirds, etc).  I enjoy taking pictures with my 6D with various primes mostly old 35mm f/2 and 85mm f/1.8 and thought about taking the 6D and lens combo but it may be too bulky for an overseas trip I'm trying to see what options I have.

I once bought a Canon EOS-M with pancake lens earlier this year but was not satisfied with its slow autofocus (even with firmware update available back then it was slow) and IQ was not satisfactory.  So, I've been doing some research and it looks like the Sony A6000 that will launch soon could be a good alternative but I'm not really familiar with how images from the Sony A6000 or other smaller mirrorless cameras would compare with the 6D.

Please feel free to give me any suggestions!

Cherishzm's gear list:Cherishzm's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +4 more
Canon EOS 6D Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow