ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 25,619
Like?
I finally saw a bird. (2 imgs)
4 months ago

Hi folks,

Yes, I am trying crazy extreme stuff again.

As some of you know I have been testing the DA*60-250/4 with two stacked teleconverters, the Pentax 1.4X HD AW + the Kenko 1.5X Pz_AF. Now I have ordered a second Pentax 1.4X HD AW so I can stack two of these Pentax 1.4X TCs instead of using the Kenko 1.4X. Below is the main reason that I ordered the second Pentax 1.4X HD AW. With the Kenko in the stack the lock on focus is not always solid but it is much better then just using the Kenko by itself.

Pentax K-3 + Pentax 1.4X HD AW + Kenko 1.5X Pz_AF + Pentax DA*60-250/4 lens. Multiply the focal length and aperture that you see in the EXIF by 1.5 to get the correct readings. The resultant focal length is about 500mm (with the lens set to 250mm) and I really think that this rig can track a bird in flight. I will check that as soon as I can.

Image #1 is the original. Image #2 has been cropped to 2058 X 1372 pixels and then resized to 1200 X 800 for display. IMO, the image is not too bad at all.

Image #1 - The original

Image # 2 - A crop.

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow