Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BenKatz
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
NEX-7, Poland and Nepal = HELP!!!
9 months ago

Hi guys, I'm new to the wondrous dpreview forums, but I wanted to ask you pro's some questions, if that's ok...

Background:

Right, so I'm currently studying in my final year in England. I am going to Poland for a WW2 History trip from April 2nd - 5th and in July I'm going on a 1 month trip to Nepal, where I'll be trekking for 12 days and doing a variety of activities. I chose the NEX-7 for a camera, as it was a good raw spec advanced enthusiast cdc camera, I didn't want a DSLR, as in both trips, I feel that would be too large to carry around, and I didn't go for the A7/A7R, as I felt I wouldn't use it to it's full potential, on top of the fact that it was a full £1000 more than the NEX-7 (DigitalRev New vs eBay in very good condition). What do you think of this choice?

Types of photos I'll take in Poland:

Close-ups, Street, Landscapes, night and travel.

After Poland I might get the E55-210mm, what do you think of it as a lens?

Types of Photos I'll take in Nepal:

Portraits/close-ups, depth-of-field, Street, Landscapes, Nights, Long exposures of the stars, sports (high shutter speed), wildlife, macro and, obviously, travel.

Kit I'm going to buy by next week = NEX-7 body / NEX-7 with 18-55mm kit lens (depends on what is cheapest on eBay of the two I prefer), and [if the NEX-7 with 18-55 too much] the Sigma 19mm.

Question number 1. For landscapes and street photography, what do you think of the Sigma 19mm F2.8, do you think it would be better than the Sony E 10-18mm F.4 due to its lower aperture, or do you think the increased range of the Sony would make so much more versatile that the aperture didn't matter that much in comparison? I love the look of photos taken at 15-28mm, and with the APS-C 1.5x crop factor of the 7, I'd be getting those results, but is it worth

No.2 Do you guys know of any good smallish bags that could hold the NEX with the 19mm, the E55-210mm, 5 spare batteries and 3 SD cards, that either; wouldn't take up much space in my 45L backpack (for Nepal) or have something outside that wasn't too heavy?

I really want to have a streamline photography experience when taking photos in Poland and Nepal, such that I can just take out the NEX from the bag, switch/attach the 55-210mm if I need to, set up my Aperture and Shutter Speed and shoot. Is it unrealistic to hope to do all of this within 30-45 seconds, if so why? Not fast enough? No bag can give anyone that?

Thanks for all your help!

Ben

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow