Buy or pass on V3? Poll.

Started 5 months ago | Polls thread
rhlpetrus
Forum ProPosts: 22,983Gear list
Like?
26% not meaningful? Re: Not a very meaningful poll.
In reply to Jimmy jang Boo, 5 months ago

Jimmy jang Boo wrote:

I wonder how many who picked the third option actually own an N1 camera in the first place? I bet there were more than a few people (gear heads) who voted for that option despite never having handled, much less having own a Nikon 1.

18/69 (forget the 3rd option) is 26%, more than 1/4 of current owners saying they will drop it. For a system that is not already selling much, I'd say it's a disaster for Nikon, if it is representative of actual user population (I think it's a better representative of the Vx line userbase). If that repeats every time they launch a new camera, it'll go the way of Motorola in mobiles (they invented it, recall that).

In any case I don't care what camera others prefer. I'm intelligent enough to think for myself, without having to march to the beat of someone else's drum.

Yes, that's an option, but eventually you may end up with a bunch of lenses and w/o a body to use with them, if Nikon drops the line, which is not completely unlikely if things keep going that way they are. If they launch a P8000 with a good lens and the same AF system, that may be the option for a lot of current users as an update, instead of insisting with the V3, which is incredibly expensive at launch.

-- hide signature --

Renato.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhlpedrosa/
OnExposure member
http://www.onexposure.net/
Good shooting and good luck
(after Ed Murrow)

rhlpetrus's gear list:rhlpetrus's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
PassNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow