What do you do with the average and below photos?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MinAZ
Regular MemberPosts: 254
Like?
What do you do with the average and below photos?
4 months ago

I was wondering what everyone does with the photos that aren't immediately obviously keepers. I suppose at one extreme you would only keep the photos that are truly outstanding and portfolio-worthy and discard the rest. At the other extreme you would keep every single photo you have ever taken (even if it is just a black screen because you forgot your lens cap). I'm sure most people fall somewhere in between. But where? I consider some photos to be keepers, and by definition those are kept. Then there are alright photos that for one reason or another fail to impress - either due to composition, lack of interest in the subject matter, have too many of the same subject already, etc... And then there are photos that need some work due to color balance, cropping issues, etc... And finally the dreaded out-of-focus photos and lens flare photos. Lately I have been debating keeping some out-of-focus photos or photos with bad lens flare because they would otherwise have been great photos, in the hopes that they can be salvaged someday. Other times I am pretty sure the photo isn't salvageable but I keep it anyway because its the best photo I have of a certain event.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow