Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
4BeachBums
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Best lens for new a6000?
9 months ago

I am a photography novice and am hoping to receive an a6000 for my birthday and need recommendations on lenses to go with the new device. I plan on replacing my old Canon Rebel which had a 18-55mm and a 75-300mm and also my Panasonic AVCHD video camera.

I am not sure if I should order the camera kit with the 16-50mm power zoom lens or just the camera body by itself. I hate to pay for a lens that I may never use.

I know that I will need several lenses to do all that I want but this is the order I want to be able to use the camera for first:

1. Inside photography of family events

2. Inside HD video of family events

3. Inside video/photography of school plays, graduations, etc that will be from a distance in the audience

4. Outside sports photography

5. Outside nature/bird photography

eventually: travel photography, inside architecture

Can someone give me a starting shopping list? I have read *lots* of lens reviews but many reviewers tend to focus on one aspect of a lens that has worked well for them in a certain situation but do not always cover the generalities of all that a lens may work for - including photo and video.

Many, many thanks for any help!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6000 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E PZ 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow