Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Leebo462
New MemberPosts: 5Gear list
Like?
Considering an upgrade.
9 months ago

I've had my d5100 for about a year and a half. It's my first dslr, and I've been very happy with it. Now that I've learned a little about photography (I still have a LOT to learn) I am starting to get the itch to upgrade to the d7000 or d7100. The reasons are as follows:

1. More direct access to settings via buttons, as opposed to digging through menus.

2. Larger viewfinder. I often have a hard time focusing using the viewfinder on my d5100.

3. Larger body. I currently use a battery grip on my d5100, mainly because I don't like having my pinky hanging off the camera.

4. Ability to autofocus a wider variety of lenses.

So, here's where I need some advice... There is a semi-local Craigslist listing for a d7000 (body only) with 44k shutter count for $475. The price seems pretty good, but is that shutter count too high? Would I be better off getting a referb, or a new d7100?

I have a friend that would buy my d5100, so that would help money-wise. Plus, then I would have someone to shoot with.

Leebo462's gear list:Leebo462's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow