Flat view
m0n0t0k
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
OM-D EM10 or stick with my Pentax DSLR K-r
9 months ago

Hello everyone!

This is my first post and just joined this great site

I have been reading for a few days on the Olympus EM10 as I came across it on a technology site. It looks fantastic for my needs but I'm still not sure about it replacing my Pentax K-r (2011 budget DSLR) completely.

The things I am concerned about are:

1. Only 1/4000 shutter speed compared to the K-r's 1/6000
  2. Only 3.5fps continuous shooting with AF compared to K-r's 6fps.
  3. Low light photos (shooting indoors for example)
  4. Some places say it has ISO 100 and some say only ISO 200

The reason I am concerned is because I like to occasionally shoot Macro (Insects and Flowers etc) and I am worried that the Olympus won't be as good as the Pentax (I have a Tamron 90mm Macro 1:1 lens, would the Olympus M.ZUIKO 60mm Macro be comparable?).

I don't do any night photography but I sometimes shoot indoors, would the Olympus be worse because of the smaller sensor?

I have compared the two using the DPReview comparison tool in the conclusion part of the review for the Olympus and the Olympus beats the Pentax in everything but handling. Would this be realistic because the Pentax is older technology etc?

The main reason I fancy switching is because the Pentax is too heavy to take around with me, especially cities etc and the Sigma lens on it weights almost the same as the camera. The lenses for a MFT camera are smaller

Here some photos I have taken with the Pentax, hopefully I would be able to take similar photos with the Olympus

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monotok/sets/72157627270169329/

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Pentax K-r
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow