Micro adjusting a 5D mk 3 - more ways than one to skin a cat?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MilOrg
New MemberPosts: 7Gear list
Like?
Micro adjusting a 5D mk 3 - more ways than one to skin a cat?
6 months ago

Hiya!

I'm taking my 5D mk 3 + L-glasses inn for micro adjusting next week, but find myself a wee bit puzzled by the reply I got from one of the companies doing this...

One of them - although probably with more accurate tools than I have - would do it the way I already know about, adjusting the +/-'s on the cameras adjustment menu for each lense.

The other company said that they calibrated each lense against the camera, not changing anything on the camera itself but rather doing the adjustment on the lenses' electronics (was the way he explained it). After this calibration, micro adjusting the camera itself wouldn't be necessary...according to them.

I called Canon up and asked which method they recommended, and they claim they had never heard of alternative 2...so I thought I'd pick your brains on this one

Does anyone have any experience with the method company #2 explained?

Thanks

MilOrg's gear list:MilOrg's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon Extender EF 2x II Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow