Sharpest 24mm prime to go on a D610

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
paulski66
Senior MemberPosts: 2,102Gear list
Like?
Bjorn didn't particularly like it, either...
In reply to anotherMike, 9 months ago

From his website, about 1/3rd of the way down the page:

http://www.naturfotograf.com/index2.html

"I have mixed feelings about this fast wide-angle. It certainly snaps into focus quickly thanks to its large aperture, and image quality is very good in the centre of the frame. Light fall-off is kept well controlled. However, into the corners and back and in front of the focused plane, image quality declines. Peak performance occurs at f/5.6, but the corners are really soft until f/8. I did not achieve the detail in the DOF zone that theoretically should be present and think this is due to problems with residual colour aberrations. Because I have noticed similar patterns on 3 different samples, I conclude this is typical for the design. The lens flares easily and ghosting hence can be detrimental to image quality unless the lens is stopped down beyond f/11. A pity this nicely handling lens doesn't produce better results."

paulski66's gear list:paulski66's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow