Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jay Jenner
Contributing MemberPosts: 661Gear list
Like?
Using flash with E-M1
9 months ago

I am doing some final research before upgrading from my E-5. Now I don't do a great deal of flash work, but when I do I use an FL36r and an FL50r off camera often bounced and reflected. The system is very good and it works well.

I have a friend on Flickr and about her only critiscm of the camera concerned flash:

- The external mini-flash is annoying to carry around and you need to take couple of small protection plastics away to be able to connect it to the camera, so I prefer much more the integrated flash of E-5. Also the external isn't positioned that well so I had lots of problems when triggering FL-50R strobes with it. Maybe you actually need FL-600R to handle the flash control well enough. I read that it should be able to command other flashes when attached to E-M1...

Can anyone else comment on this? Is there a problem with the old flashes? If I have to buy new camera and lenses AND flashes then it going to be really expensive.

Thanks

j

Jay Jenner's gear list:Jay Jenner's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro
Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow