K-5, K-3 Auto Bracketing

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
Roland Karlsson
Forum ProPosts: 21,088Gear list
Like?
Re: K-5, K-3 Auto Bracketing
In reply to kmarceau, 9 months ago

kmarceau wrote:

That is the work-around. It would just be so much easier to accomplish this with one push of the shutter button instead of firing one series, making an adjustment, then firing the second series. Especially with handheld shots.
The AA filter bracketing feature that was added via firmware got me thinking about this. That's also a feature that might seem unnecessary since one could achieve the same result by taking a shot with AA filter and then switching the filter off to take the second shot. So much nicer with the AA bracketing though.

I assume it all is kind of compromise. The camera has zillions of settings, any one user is only using a permille of them all.

Every new setting can be motivated and every extension of an existing setting can be motivated. There has to be a limit somewhere.

Regarding the bracketing setting - it is probably there to give you exposure bracketing, i.e. an image with better exposure, if the one in the middle is wrong. Then, the current solution is enough. Taking 7 exposures to get the optimal one is not necessary for digital cameras. Personally when making bracketing I set it up so that the the brightest one is at compensation 0, and the two other are one or two stops less exposed. Then I can, if the brightest one clips, choose a less exposed one.

BTW - K3 has a RAW HDR mode. Is that a solution?

Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma DP2 Quattro Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow