decided on the pentax body .now what lens??

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
brecklundin
Senior MemberPosts: 1,891Gear list
Like?
Re: decided on the pentax body .now what lens??
In reply to akjos, 5 months ago

Looked through your DPR gallery...I am supposed to be sleeping but had to finish.  You have some really wonderful shots in there.  My question is why would you want to change gear?  Well, I get it sometimes it just feels right.  But you really seem to click with the Nikon gear you have currently.

Still from reading your posts and based on what you like and have now it's not a bad idea to go with the K5IIs mated with the 18-135WR.  That gets you in "the club".  From there you can decide where the mood takes you.

Don't over think it because there is no "perfect" choice.  If you stay in your comfort zone now you will have one less thing to adjust to upfront.  The K5IIs is a great deal if you can find it under $700us new with warranty.  Even better if you find a kit somewhere with the 18-135WR but don't count on that one happening unless a vendor makes their own "kit".

Best of luck deciding...look forward to seeing what you can do with a Pentax kit.  

brecklundin's gear list:brecklundin's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow