New pictures with NEX5N -- And question: which lens to buy to improve IQ?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JeffNew
Regular MemberPosts: 198
Like?
New pictures with NEX5N -- And question: which lens to buy to improve IQ?
6 months ago

Although I have not visited the Nex forum for quite some time, I am a very active Nex5N user. I love the pictures taken with my Nex5N along with the two kit lenses SEL1855 and SEL16. In the last few days, I have tried hard to find a better lens than the two kit lenses mentioned above to improve the IQ further. After some work I limited my choices to 3: Sony E 50mm, Sony E 20mm, and Sigma 30mm.

I first decided to buy 20mm. But then I heard some people said that 20mm might not be very different from SEL1855 and SEL16 in terms of IQ. So I switched to 50mm. But I found out that 50mm seems mainly for portraits. So I switched to Sigma 30mm. But then I read that '18-55 kit lens at 30mm vs. Sigma 30mm F2.8 prime - I can't see any differenc'. As a result, I still could not make my choice.

Any suggestions? I mainly take landscape pictures in good light conditions; and I want Nex5N to be as compact as possible. 20mm? or just keeping using my two kit lenses?

Anyway, here are some new pictures:

Yuanyang Terrace in China --- photographers' lover

Somewhere in Thailand

SEL16

Sel16

Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow