PIX 2015

decided on the pentax body .now what lens??

Started Mar 21, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,784
decided on the pentax body .now what lens??
Mar 21, 2014

Thanks to all for opinions in my previous post . Quite awesome price on k5iis (600$ cheaper then k3) now is pushing me towards that. The price difference is too much to pass the deal up.
Im debating now what lens to get first ? ( im sure GAS will kick in sooner or later lol ...)
I kinda have my mind set on 18-135 wr. I like the fact its sealed making it great all around combo with pentax body.
Anyone here uses 18-135? And if so please report...
I found one on ebay for 399 new from authorized pentax dealer with usa warranty...

I by far dont have time and opportunities to shoot as mucb as i used to but every time i do i miss" real" camera. So price of k5iis is much easier to swallow then 600 more for k3.

Or should i get new sigma 17-70 2.8-4?? Ppl say its pretty great but its nice to have one all around lens that has little longer reach without being too long like 18-250 etc...

I had couple sigmas for nikon in the past and was never happy with them but lately sigma is probably getting better with quality control ( from what i heard)

Btw i loved 18-105 VR on my dx nikons prob my most used lens for about everything...so i think 18-135 could serve me well
If im happy overall esp with body and pentax in general ill think about some fast lenses like limited or 1.4 sigmas later.
Thanks again

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow