decided on the pentax body .now what lens??

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
akjos
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,487
Like?
decided on the pentax body .now what lens??
4 months ago

Thanks to all for opinions in my previous post . Quite awesome price on k5iis (600$ cheaper then k3) now is pushing me towards that. The price difference is too much to pass the deal up.
Im debating now what lens to get first ? ( im sure GAS will kick in sooner or later lol ...)
I kinda have my mind set on 18-135 wr. I like the fact its sealed making it great all around combo with pentax body.
Anyone here uses 18-135? And if so please report...
I found one on ebay for 399 new from authorized pentax dealer with usa warranty...

I by far dont have time and opportunities to shoot as mucb as i used to but every time i do i miss" real" camera. So price of k5iis is much easier to swallow then 600 more for k3.

Or should i get new sigma 17-70 2.8-4?? Ppl say its pretty great but its nice to have one all around lens that has little longer reach without being too long like 18-250 etc...

I had couple sigmas for nikon in the past and was never happy with them but lately sigma is probably getting better with quality control ( from what i heard)

Btw i loved 18-105 VR on my dx nikons prob my most used lens for about everything...so i think 18-135 could serve me well
If im happy overall esp with body and pentax in general ill think about some fast lenses like limited or 1.4 sigmas later.
Thanks again
--
http://www.pbase.com/jps1979/galleries

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow