12-32 vs 14-42 (ii) vs 14-45

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Conor OBrien
Forum MemberPosts: 52Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus System with 12-32 mm ... happy!
In reply to Biggstr, 9 months ago

Biggstr wrote:

A user perspective: I bought a Panasonic 12-32 mm for use on Olympus camera bodies and I'm very happy with it. I also considered the Panasonic 14-45 mm but decided against it based on size. Formal reviews say the 12-32 is comparable in IQ to the 14-45 ... but the 14-45 is, by comparison, enormous with its lens hood. I've done informal sharpness tests and the 12-32 seems almost equal to the Panasonic 20 mm (but not quite), which is a positive and a confirmation of the quality of the lens. It is definitely sharper than the Olympus 14-42 mm kit zoom.

So have you not missed the ability to manual focus? Or, do you tend not to focus manually on any occasion anyway? It is really the only downside I can see of that lens in comparison to the other two Panasonic lenses I am choosing between.

One other thing, can the 12-32mm lens be used with any type of lens hood? I tend to put a lens hood on all my lenses, simply for protection.

-- hide signature --
 Conor OBrien's gear list:Conor OBrien's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow