ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MatLD
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
Gx7 (+warp stabilizer) Vs Em5 Vs Em10
4 months ago

Hi all,

One more thread on those nice bodies. I shoot currently with a gf3, 14mm, 25 f1.4 and 45 f1.8. I'm a casual shooter, using it my camera 70% of the time as a P&S.

I know the features of these three cameras quite well but would be interested in some more specific aspects :

Ergonomics (without additional grips):

- I like to be able to shoot one handed without a neck strap: the gx7 seems better for this but is it enough with the unbalanced weight ?

- Is it easy to get used to the odd power button on the OMD's ? The gx7 on/off switch does not feel too comfortable either, but still better for one handed operations.

- Video: I shoot handheld most of the time. The Gx7 has better specs but is it still ahead after the treatment by adobe warp stabilizer ? I know that with handheld long lenses, the quality is degraded quite a lot.

- Dynamic range : any noticeable difference between these cameras ? (I shoot raw+jpeg)

- Lens corrections : is the distortion of the 14mm corrected in the EM10 ? what about purple fringing or CA ?

- IBIS for pictures : gx7 vs em10, em10 vs em5 ?

Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow