Trouble for Nikon?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
CFynn
Senior MemberPosts: 5,223Gear list
Like?
Re: China asks Nikon to halt all D600 sales
In reply to Fogsville, 9 months ago

Fogsville wrote:

There's a much bigger story here than China's response to Nikon's debacle. There's some good reading about China's responses to foreign investments and sales within the border. Read about the Chinese car industry and their response to foreign automakers. It's pretty fascinating. Also with corporations like Apple, etc..

I'm not condoning Nikon's behavior with the D600 (and I'm a D600 owner), but Nikon is not in trouble because of Chinese perceptions of Nikon specifically. Sure it will affect sales but there's another issue going on here.....

Funny that they should go after Nikon, who do quite a lot of manufacturing in China, rather than one of the other Japanese camera manufacturers who don't manufacture very much there...

I know China make their own autos, smartphones, etc. and running down foreign competition may help protect or boost sales of products made by Chinese companies - but is there any significant Chinese camera maker?

CFynn's gear list:CFynn's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D800E Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yepNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow